Information and Forms > Insurance
Insurance requirements must include travel, medical, and dental coverage for accidental injury
and illness, death benefits (including repatriation of remains), disability/dismemberment benefit
(also known as capital benefits), emergency medical evacuation, emergency visitation expenses,
24-hour emergency assistance services, and legal liability (covering the student for any of his
or her acts or omissions in connection with the Youth Exchange program).
RYEA travel insurance (Chubb) is a complete cover that does not require any additional policy.
All Australian Youth Exchange Students participate in the Australian Rotary YEP Travel Insurance Program, with the following Summary of Benefits
- Overseas Medical/Dental Unlimited
- Accidental Death AUD$ 30,000
- Capital Benefits AUD$100,000
- Tutorial Costs AUD$150 per week (26 weeks)
- Chubb Assistance Unlimited
- Kidnap & Ransom AUD$250,000
- Hijack & Detention AUD$100 per day (60 days)
- Cancellation AUD$10,000
- Loss of Deposits AUD$10,000
- Baggage/Personal Property AUD$7,000
- Money AUD$2,000
- Legal Liability AUD$10,000,000
The National Australian Rotary Public Liability Policy is extended to include claims arising from molestation with an indemnity limit of $500,000 and a deductible (excess) of $50,000.
An incoming exchange student is required, before being accepted in the Australian Rotary Youth Exchange program, to provide evidence they have
- insurance organised in their own country with the following minimums in US Dollars
Overseas Medical/Dental USD$500,000
Accidental Death USD$10,000Capital Benefits USD$50,000Emergency Evacuation USD$50,000
Legal Liability USD$1,000,000 or
- alternatively the incoming student may take out the Australian Rotary Youth Exchange Insurance giving them the same cover as listed above for Australian students going overseas.